Selection Criteria for Nomination
Winnipeg Dreams Take Flight uses specific criteria to choose the children from physically, mentally and socially challenged backgrounds. The Winnipeg chapter of Dreams Take Flight picks children from Manitoba and Saskatchewan. Children are nominated from a variety of organizations and agencies.
- Be between the ages of 6 – 12.
- Financially not have the opportunity to ever experience Disneyland / Disney World.
- Be a Canadian citizen.
- Be able to legally enter the United States.
- Be medically, mentally, physically, socially or emotionally challenged.
- Have never been to a Disney Theme Park.
- Be able to communicate orally or in sign language.
- Be able to function in a group situation and be able to endure an extremely long day.
- Attend the mandatory Orientation Meeting before the Day of Flight.
Individuals can be nominated by sending a letter describing why you think the child should be selected.
Send your letter to:
Dreams Take Flight
c/o Bev Watson
355 Portage Ave.
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 2C3
Agencies and Organizations that we partner with…
Autism Society of Manitoba
Big Sisters & Big Brothers of Manitoba
Canadian National Institute for the Blind
Cerebral Palsy Association of Manitoba
Rehab Centre for Children
St. Amant Centre
Winnipeg Boys and Girls Clubs
Winnipeg School Divisions – Various